Monitor screens are essential as they play a bigger role in displaying the content to see all the activity that is being performed on a computer system. With the latest technology, the latest designs have also been launched, which includes dual monitor setups that most of the clients are using nowadays.
Dual monitors provide better viewing angles for gaming as well as for using complex computer software. These monitors are high quality, and they can be used at the home, office or any place else. In order to place a dual monitor system, a user also needs a dual monitor stand to adjust the screens together in a proper position.
In this discussion, we have listed the best dual monitor stand for 27 inches as well as for different sized screens. Some of the options also include the best full motion articulating dual monitor stands in our list. These stands will help you in placing your screens in proper positions and then make the best out of the results by using the latest software and games on them.
So let’s start the discussion by first looking on what you need to know before getting dual monitor stands. Some of the options are also taken from the list of best dual monitor stand 2017.
Things to Check in a Dual Monitor Stand
You should consider some of the following important things before selecting a dual monitor stand. Here are some considerations.
Mounting type is important when you consider buying a monitor stand for your system. For dual monitors set up, VESA mounts are very commonly used and are set as a standard mounting type for monitors. Make sure that monitor screens at your home are VESA compatible by looking at the back of your monitor to check for four screw holes that are formed in a square shape. If these holes are not in a square shape, then you cant use VESA mounts. So be sure about it first.
Type of Stand
There are two types of stands which include freestanding mounts, and the other is clamps mount. One is placed on the desktop just like normal stands, and then the other one can be used as desk clamps that are easy to clamp onto a side of the desk. Both are good choices, and they don’t make any difference, but it’s up to a user’s choice to select which one suits him the best.
You should also know how much weight and what size monitors can your dual mount stand hold. Usually, most of the mounts have the info listed on them with the size and weight supported by them, which you can check before you buy it according to your monitor screens. Make sure you have the right information on them, and then make a choice for a dual monitor stand.
Articulating mounts are better than fixed mounts, so it’s your best interest in case you get articulating dual monitor stands. They provide increased flexibility with their joints that can rotate to let you adjust your screens according to your own choice. You can set the range and height of your screens easily and even set different modes. So make sure you get good articulating mounts with stands.
Best Dual Monitor Stands
Covering all the basics about the dual monitor stands, now we take a look at the best dual monitor stands that you can get for your system based on their overall ratings or premium quality, etc. Let’s take a look.
The first dual monitor stand on our list is the Jarvis Monitor Mounting Arm that is a very stylish looking mount created for holding dual monitor screens. It can easily support big size monitor screen sizes like 32 inches with 20 pounds of weight. Some of its great features are
- Stylish look on the exterior body.
- Provides good stability.
- It has articulating arms.
- It also features internal cable management.
- 3 colours are available from Silver, Black and White.
If you want a sturdy and durable monitor mount stand, then look no further than choosing Amazon Basics Premium Monitor Mount. It is a hefty mount that can support the good weight of a monitor up to 25 pounds and can hold a 32 inches monitor screen easily. Some of the great features that this monitor stand includes are
- The bulky clamp provides great stability.
- The body is all metal constructed which makes it more durable.
- There is enough space between the arms to adjust both the monitor screens easily.
- It can also support a laptop tray that can be mounted to either one of the arms.
- It can lift and hold heavy and wide monitor screens without a problem.
- It comes in only two colours that are Silver and Black.
If you have a high budget and you want to go for something that satisfies all of your needs when you are looking for the best dual monitor stand, then you can choose Ergotron LX Dual Stacking Arm. This is a great clamp on the mount that can serve as the best monitor stand for your screens. It can support 20 pounds of weight and can lift monitor screens of 32 inches in size. Some of its features are.
- It is a solid full metal body constructed mount stand with adjustable arms.
- It is the premium quality which makes it expensive, but you get a sleek and modern look with this stand to support your monitors.
- It can lift weighty monitors and also lets them to position in just about any way you can think of.
- The arms have numerous points of articulation.
- This dual monitor stand also includes a laptop tray, and there are arms extenders with it that can easily adjust monitor screens of your system.
- It comes in three different colours include White, Black, and Aluminum.
Now coming to the next option in our list, you can get a good mid-range priced dual monitor stand from HUANUO. This is a good option for the money as it has good articulation along with the sturdy built that can support 32 inches screens. Some of its features are.
- It has a good amount of articulation.
- It is sturdy and very durable to lift monitor screens up to 17.6 pounds of weight, having a size of 32 inches.
- This dual monitor stand can be clamped to the desk and provides a solid grip to hold the screens together.
- It’s a good option for the money.
If you are looking for a wall-mounted dual monitor stand, then WALI dual monitor wall mount is a good choice that offers several benefits to the users. It can support a weight of only 14.3 pounds for medium-sized monitors of 27-inch screens. Some of the features of this dual monitor stand are.
- The stand is very compact and can be mounted on the wall to save space on your desk.
- It provides good angles for placing your dual screens on the wall with its adjustable arms.
- It also has a clever cable management feature to hide the cables of monitor screens.
The next suggestion on our list of best dual monitor stands is the EleTab Dual Arm Monitor Stand. This monitor stand can easily support 32 inches monitor screens on its arms, and you can use your screens without any problem. Some of its features are.
- This dual monitor stand can be easily installed with a C-clamp or a grommet kit.
- It has good articulating arms that let you adjust the screens.
- The arms are very supportive to hold large size monitors, but they do have a good price.
Vivo Dual Monitor stand is a freestanding mount that can hold large screens on its arms. This is a good consideration if you want to position the monitors according to your choice. Some features of this stand are.
- It has internal cable management.
- It is bulky and provides strong support for the big-sized monitor screens up to 38 inches that come as ultrawide monitors.
- It can hold a weight of 22 pounds.
- It is a good dual monitor stand for the price it offers.
The next suggestion in our list of best dual monitor stands is the Vivo V002F stand which is an option when you are good on a budget. It is a good stand to support and hold a weight of 22 pounds for any monitor screen. It is the best dual monitor stand for a 27-inch screen. Some of its features are.
- It is a small dual monitor stand to support screens of 27 inches.
- It has good adjustable angles and rotating arms.
- It is a good choice for the money to support medium-sized monitor screens.
A unique addition in our list of best dual monitor stands that can hold up to 3 monitor screens on it is the Fitueyes 3 Shelf Stand Riser. This is a good option for you to choose that can support medium-sized monitor screens easily on it. Some of the features of this stand are.
- It is made of a wooden frame, and it can easily fit three monitors on it.
- You get a lot of space under this stand to place books, wireless keyboards, or your headphones on your desk.
- It is very easy to install and fit on your desk.
The next choice that you can think of with a lot of versatility is the Mount-it! Dual Monitor Stand. This is a very stylish stand that comes at an affordable price that can hold most of the displays that have a size of 32 inches. Some of its features are.
- It has an ergonomic design at a very affordable price.
- It can support any display from 19 to 32 inches.
- It can easily tilt the monitor screens to 80 degrees angle and also rotate them all the way for landscape and horizontal positioning.
- It can e lifted 15.5 inches from the tabletop to place your monitor screens.
If you are looking for a flexible choice that is also a very durable dual monitor stand, then Locktek is providing a D5D Dual Monitor mount, which can do the job for you. It can easily support 27-inch monitors. Other features include are.
- It can support small screens from 10inches to wide screens at 27 inches.
- It has rotatable arms that can give horizontal and portrait display. It can also pivot and tilt to adjust the monitors.
- It has a durable and flexible body that can last longer.
The last alternative on our list of best Dual monitor stands is the NB Dual Monitor Desk Mount. This dual monitor stand can easily hold 27-inch screens on its arms. Some of the features of this stand are.
- Easy positional adjustment for dual monitors.
- It can be easily mounted with a C-clamp or grommet mount.
- It only comes in two colours, black or white.
- Additional feature includes two USB ports at the base of the stand for charging your phone.
This was a detailed discussion on the best dual monitor stands for a computer system. We shared complete features and details for the stand mounts from which you can choose that suits your necessities. For more info, leave a comment here.
Q#1: Can dual monitor stands hold laptops too?
Ans: Some dual monitor stands come with an additional laptop tray that can easily hold and place a laptop in either of the monitor screen mount position.