Are you considering attaching an external device to your brand new SP4? Then you’re in luck because, in this guide, we have compiled up all the top matches as monitors for SP4.
You will find everything you’re looking for about Surface Pro 4. From what are the specs and features of Surface Pro 4 and yes, which are the monitors proven best to be connected to the Surface Pro 4.
What Is Surface Pro 4?
Surface Pro 4 is one of the latest laptop models on the market. It’s versatile. It can be used both as a laptop and a tablet for environmental conveniences. With 16 GB RAM and a ^ generation intel core processor, Surface Pro 4 offers you a total of 8+ hours of playback time.
Coming back to our topic, to know which external monitors will be the perfect fit for the Surface P4, we must first conclude what specs and features are we working with in this laptop.
Here are some very important specifications of the Surface Pro 4 that will make you love your purchase and want to explore it further even more!
|Processor||i5 or i7|
|Memory||4,8 or 16 GB|
|Software||Windows 10 pro office|
|Sensors||Ambient light sensor,
3.0 micro SD card,
|Wireless||802.11ac Wireless Network IEEE,
802.11a/b/g/n compatible Bluetooth Wireless 4.0 technology
|Documents provided within the box||Surface Pro,
Power Supply, Quick Start,
Guide Safety and
|Battery Life||9 hours of video playback.|
|Graphics||Intel HD or Iris graphics.|
|Exterior||Magnesium Silver Colour.
Physical Buttons: Volume and Power.
|Camera||Windows Hello front-facing, face sign in-camera with 5.0 MP with 1080 P HD video.
8.0 MP rear-facing autofocus camera.
Stereo Speakers with Dolby Audio Premium.
|Storage||SSD options: 128, 256, 512 GB or 1TB|
Features and Details of the Surface Pro 4:
Here’s one of the coolest features of Windows 20- the touch screen. And guess what, the new Surface Pro 4 has this excellent feature. As we know, the Surface Pro 4 has the ability to convert into a tablet whenever needed for your own convenience. You also don’t have to use the keypad anymore because you have the ultimate advantage of using a touch screen now.
Here’s another intelligent piece of work in the Surface Pro 4, you can now guide your tablet with a pen. Having a pen is so much easier than running your fingers across the whole big screen. The pen also makes it very convenient for you to keep doing your work while your eating or anything. The whole idea is to keep your hands and screen clean while making sure you don’t miss out on your work.
Magnetic Pen Storage:
The pen offered with a Surface Pro 4 comes with a casing within the whole laptop exterior. The casing is magnetic to keep the pen intact. This innovative idea ensures your safe-keeping of the pen.
The pen is an important instrument to operate your tablet or laptop whenever you have your hands busy somewhere else.
Here’s an important piece of information. Even though the Surface Pro 4 is entirely up to date, it’s still very compatible with the previous surface model. This feature concludes that Pro 4 still contains every essential accessory of its preceding device.
The compatibility makes it connect easily with all of the previous models and the newer ones that will be designed and invented in the future. The connection port is already installed in each one of the models. The connection port is called the Surface Pro connection port where you can easily upgrade and add existing data of your previous or new Surface models in this existing one.
The good thing about having an attachable keyboard is that you can use it in two ways. Versatility has been a key to innovation for laptops over the years. The Attachable Keyboard phenomenon makes it very easy for you to work on the keyboard and at the same time, this attachable keyboard poses as a protector for the screen as well.
Here are the main components you would already know are installed in the software of Windows 10 if you’ve used it.
The Windows 10 software has pre-existing:
- Microsoft Edge.
- Microsoft Word.
- Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Microsoft Excel.
One other thing is that you get a free 30-day trial for Microsoft Office on the Windows 10 software which is available on the Surface Pro 4. Plus, the Tablet-MODE can only be accessible if the Typecover keypad is detached.
The most intriguing part of the Surface Pro 4 is its cooling feature. The whole design is invented to eliminate the use of the exhaust fan mainly occupied by laptops everywhere.
In this process, there are heat pipes installed inside the laptop which have liquid flowing through them. The pipes have cool liquid passing through them which make the heat reliving process much faster and keep the laptop processing at a very excessive rate.
Windows Hello! Feature:
Although almost every new laptop has Windows 10 software installed, not a lot of them offer you to use the Windows Hello! Feature. However, in surface pro 4 you are presented with a front camera that is used for authentication of the user.
By doing this, the laptop accepts your identity and opens the lock to grant you access. You can also use pin codes and passwords but the Windows Hello! feature is more intriguing and harder to hack for anyone out there with the intentions to.
Things to consider before choosing an external monitor
Here are some things you should consider before choosing a monitor to connect with your Surface Pro 4 laptop:
- The Resolution:
The resolution of your monitor is important. Monitors with pure resolutions will not be perfectly matched with your laptop. For that purpose, you need to memorize a numerical value. The best monitor resolution you could get as a perfect fit for your Surface Pro 4 would be a 4ooo resolution monitor. The most minimum would be a 1080 p. Lower than that would be extremely poor for visuals.
- The Size:
Size is another important factor. You do not want a monitor of a small size. Otherwise, it’s just pointless to get one. The monitor should be immense enough to provide you a complete and fresh visual. Smaller sizes usually make it harder for your eyes to comprehend the images demonstrated in pixels. Hence, get a reasonable size of 20-24 inches.
- The Response Time:
Getting a monitor reasonable for gaming is tough. You would want a very minimum response time. Otherwise, the monitor would make your game slower and you would miss out on the excitement. There are monitors that provide a 3ms response time but you would want one with a response somewhat lower than that as well. The minimum the response rate, the more excellent will be the demonstration.
- The Refresh Rate:
Smoother gaming calls for a better refreshing rate. Of course, a refresh rate up to 60 Hz is somewhat good, but for the smoother view, you would want a monitor with a higher refreshing rate. The more the monitor refreshes, the gaming experience will excel at a maximum rate.
- The Adaptive-Sync:
It’s not entirely necessary but it can come in handy. Adaptive Syncs lets you overcome inconveniences in the future. You definitely need an AMD free sync for your monitor.
Best Monitors For Surface Pro 4:
Here is the list of best monitors for Surface Pro 4:
- ACER R240HY.
- HP Pavillion.
- Dell UltraSharp U2715H.
This monitor from Acer has a lot of great components in it that will make you choose this as the perfect fit for your Surface Pro 4. Here’s why you should choose the Acer R240HY monitor to connect with your Surface Pro 4.
- First of all, size is the most important. You want your monitor to be perfect in every way. Hence, try to find one with a reasonable size. For that purpose, the Acer R240HY is best. Its screen is a whole 23.5 inches. This is more than enough if you want to play video games or use this monitor for video gaming.
- The refresh rate is a minimum of 60 Hz. you would want a refresh rate like that for faster processing.
- The resolution is 4k. This LED would guarantee you a monitor with smooth visuals.
- If you have a smaller desk back home or rather a cubical then this LED would be perfect. It has no bezel or borders. It’s fit for confined places. This makes it a good monitor for playing video games.
- The monitor includes an HDMI port. But you should know that the Surface Pro 4 does not. Hence, it is highly recommended that you use a USB-C HDMI data cable to connect your video games to your laptop and monitor.
- One main feature would be the audio of this set which turns out to be excessively incredible. The audio is so clear that is one of the best purchases in the market. Moreover, you will not need an addition of external speakers if you choose to attach this monitor to your Surface Pro 4.
- Overall, the monitor is incredibly convenient. Hence, you’d rather not find a more accessible monitor elsewhere.
What doesn’t this monitor have? Budget and space-friendly, it has got it all! You would want to buy this monitor even more once you take a look at all it has to offer. Here are the details of this monitor.
- Resolution is all you should care about when buying a big screen. You can never underestimate the resolving power in a monitor. The lowest would probably be 1080 p. Lower than that is entirely unacceptable. Hence, you will love the AOC12267FW because this large monitor has an HD resolution of about 1920xx1080 p.
- Bezel tends to give monitors a more captivating look. You will love the look of this monitor because it has a bezel of about 2mm. The viewing angles should be smooth. You would want a clear view base on your preferences of space. This monitor has viewing angles of about 178 degrees. You can expect clear images from far off as well. You needn’t get very close to the monitor for a clear view.
- Response time needs to be a maximum of 1ms. However, the most minimum would be almost 5ms. That is exactly how much this monitor contains. The response time is enough to not make any obstacles in the way of the presentation on the monitor.
- Let’s not forget about the size. The bigger the size, the better the view. However, talking about confined places, you need a size of almost 22-inch. Luckily for you, this monitor is about 22 inches wide. Hence, you can expect clear image quality and a good processing rate too.
- One good thing about this monitor is that it has a stand which is detachable. Hence, you can easily put it on a stand or wall-mount it- any way you prefer. The versatility answers to your convenience.
HP is a very reputable brand. With devices sold all over the world, there is also the addition of HP monitors in the market. One of the best is the HP Pavillion. Do you want a good monitor with a higher processing rate? Try buying the new HP Pavillion. Here’s why you should buy this monitor:
- The hardware quality is arguably the nicest in the market. You need to buy a monitor from a brand you trust most. HP would be the best for that job. No matter what the issue, HP devices have the finest quality with the smoothest hardware equipment. Purchase an HP to work in style.
- The most attractive thing about this monitor is that you get high-quality coverage for a couple of hundred bucks. You need this monitor in your life because it is entirely budget-friendly. Buying this monitor would save you the time and money you will spend finding an expensive monitor with the same quality.
- The size of this monitor is also extremely reasonable. You can easily fit it anywhere or put it on a stand as well. It is about 21-inches wide. Which will fit easily on a cubicle or a small table. Not only is versatility an option but also a very convenient feature.
- It is not a thin monitor that’s why you can rely on it. It will give you years and years of usage if kept well. Thin monitors are more likely prone to damage than sturdy ones. That’s why HP Pavillion is honestly the best option in the market for a Surface Pro 4.
- This monitor is very much fit for browsing as well, but to work as a gaming monitor for a longer period, this monitor isn’t highly recommended. Although, it can be perfect for office work.
IF you’re out in the market looking for graphics and high-quality visuals, you tend to lean towards Dell monitors. Dell products are astounding. There’s nothing more perfect in the market than a Dell product when it comes to illustrations. Dell UltraSharp is one of the most popular Dell products in the market.
- Firstly, the size is incredible! It is a whole 27-inch widescreen. You will not want a screen any better or greater than this one for performing any kind of activity on it. It’s great for power-point presentations, gaming, etc.
- Not only is the size perfect but the colour intensity of the screen is at a maximum. The colour intensity is very high and fits just as well with the size of the screen. Not to mention, the viewing angles are 178/178 degrees.
- Seamless visuals with an ultra-thin bezel are all you will care about once you start using this monitor.
- The monitor is wall-mounted for a perfect view, you need a stationed monitor of this size to get the view you are looking for. It is also VESA-compatible.
- This monitor also has an HDMI present but there’s no HDMI port in the Surface Pro 4 as mentioned earlier hence, you will need a USB-C HDMI cable to connect it for video gaming and other purposes.
With the help of this guide, you can now choose which monitor you will like to connect with your Surface Pro 4 based on compatibility and preferences.
Q1- Does Surface Pro 4 support the 4k resolution of the display?
Ans: Yes, the Surface Pro 4 does support that kind of resolution and display.
Q2- Does Surface Pro 4 have a USB-C port?
Ans: No, it does not have that kind of port. But, you will be relieved to know that it does support a USB 3.0.